Conversation topic One
- Top 10 movies of all time.
- Suggest a Top ten list of movies.
- Brainstorm at least 20 movies.
- Rate the movies you have selected. 1 – 5
- Discuss your reasons.
- Present it to the class.
1.2 My family and network
- Where did you grow up?
- Where have you spent your summers?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What do your siblings do?
- Do you know what your name means?
- Do you know what your siblings’ names mean?
- Do you have many big family events?
- What make of phone do you have?
- Have you ever had a job?
- What kind of jobs do you do around the house?
- What did you do last weekend?
- What are your plans for the weekend?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep?
- Make a list of your family members, their age and the jobs and hobbies they have.
- Make a list of routines you keep, the jobs you do and the people you meet when doing these activities.
- Make a group list of all of the routines you have, the jobs you do and the people you meet when doing these activities.
- Discuss your age, family members and what they do.
- Discuss people that you meet during your day to day routine.
- Discuss the different habits and hobbies you have and the different people you do them with.
- What was your favorite children’s book?
- What is your first childhood memory?
- What type of child were you (e.g. spoiled, rebellious, well-behaved, quiet, obnoxious…)?
- What is one thing you miss about being a kid?
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were younger?
- What do you want to grow up to be now?
- Make a list of cartoons you watched when you were a child.
- Make a list of board games, computer games and video games you played when you were a child.
- Discuss the cartoons you watched when you were a child.
- Discuss any cartoons that you watch now.
- Dicuss the board games, computer games and video games that you played when you were a child.
- Discuss the board games, computer games and video games that you play now.
- What are some good and bad things about the education system in your country?
- What do you think of online education?
- How can governments make education more efficient?
- What do you think of standardized tests?
- How can technology improve education? Can it hurt education?
- Are bigger or small schools better?
- Is teaching a skill that can be taught?
- What will the future of education be?
- What do you think of homeschooling?
- How has the education you received changed your life?
- What or who has taught you most of the information you use on a regular basis?
- Design a modern school for the 21st century.
- What changes have happened in education over the past one hundred years?
- Where did (do) you go to school?
- What was (is) your favorite subject?
- What was (is) your least favorite subject?
- What’s the first thing you do after school/work?
- Were you the class clown or teacher’s pet?
- What is something you have gotten into trouble for at school?
- What is the value of education?
- Tell a story about a memorable time in school.
- Design a 21st century classroom.
- Present your 21st century classroom to the rest of the class.
- What do you do for a living?
- What would you like to do for a living?
- What is your dream job?
- If you had $10 million, would you still go to school?
- What is the favorite job that you have to do at home?
- What would be a profession that you would never like to have?
- What is something that you have gotten in trouble for at work?
- Design a modern work environment.
- Present your design to the rest of the class.